Our firm has many years of experience working with the IRS both locally and nationally, as well as with the Florida Department of Revenue. Dealing with them can be anxious and frustrating. Our goal is to address your individual needs and determine the most expedient and effective way to resolve the matter at hand.
As your representative, we will ensure the taxing authorities follow proper procedures in their dealings with you. We can assist with matters including, but not limited to:
- IRS collections
- Installment Agreements
- Offers in Compromise
- IRS Audit
- Penalty Abatement
- Innocent Spouse Relief
- Dept. of Revenue Unemployment Tax Audits
- Dept. of Revenue Sales Tax Audits
There are many opportunities for planning and analysis in the life cycle of your business. Here are just a few of the services we provide:
- We can help you to set up your Employer ID Numbers and ensure you are in compliance with other important IRS regulations that are required of any small business.
- We can provide you with training and support for QuickBooks® bookkeeping software.
- We can help you design an Accounting System that will best suit your business.
- We can help you to build a strong financial framework for your business, then monitor and manage it smartly.
- We can advise you on the retirement plan best suited for your business. Employees value an employer sponsored retirement plan and the cost to your business can be surprisingly reasonable. SEPs and SIMPLE Plans can provide significant tax savings.
- With sound financial budgets, you can pinpoint areas that need attention in a timely manner.
- Business continuation plans can enable you to successfully transition into retirement while family members step into management and ownership of family owned businesses.
We provide compilation and bookkeeping services for all types of businesses, trusts, non-profit organizations and local governments. We can take care of your bookkeeping while you take care of your business. Our compiled reports are easy to read and we show you key areas that need your attention.
For many small companies, outsourced bookkeeping department can be a great savings. Our fees will be much less than a full time position, plus you will save on payroll taxes and benefits. However, we will customize a program that best suits your needs. Some examples include:
- Full charge bookkeeping.
- This includes actually writing checks, processing payments, and reconciling accounts.
- We will tailor a system to your needs which will ensure appropriate separation of duties and a distinct audit trail.
- Compilation services
- On a monthly or quarterly basis, we will take your financial information and recap it into an appropriate financial statement format.
- This is after the fact accounting, but is critical for small businesses to help with budgeting, analysis, and income tax preparation.
- Statutory reporting
- We work with trusts and guardianships to provide court or other legally required reporting statements.
Please give us a call and let’s discuss the right level of service for you.
Divorce is one of the most stressful times in a person’s life. Ending a relationship, separating years of commingled assets, making very tough decisions with regard to guardianship. The entire process is fraught with peril, both emotionally and financially. There are important decisions to be made that will have long term implications on your life moving forward.
You need a financial counselor to be involved, someone who is familiar with the financial impact of these decisions, but more importantly is also very familiar with the tax code and can advise on the best tax treatment of these decisions. Our role is not to replace your attorney, but merely to serve as an adviser for both you and your attorney. In fact, in most cases, our services should be retained by the attorney directly to better enforce client privilege.
If you’re contemplating a divorce, or even if proceedings have started, please contact our office for a free consultation today.
Nonprofits are often tasked with maximizing services with minimal resources, and evaluated on how much of their revenue flows through to direct program support. This oftentimes leads to accounting functions being spread as secondary duties to staff not fully qualified to carry out the tasks, or the accounting department is so small a lack of separation of duties exists. As we’ve seen time and again, this exposure to embezzlement can cause long term damage to an organization.
With our services geared towards nonprofits and associations, we can tailor a suite of services to fit your needs to include:
- Full charge accounts receivable and accounts payable, including tracking pledges and billing members.
- External bank reconciliations.
- A fully implemented system of internal controls to minimize chances for loss.
- Preparation of Board packets.
- Financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Preparing a financial package in compliance with grant writing guidelines (including assistance with the CHSP application)
After a thorough consultation, we will put together the right mix of services for your entity and price it on an ongoing contract basis. With the removal of taxes and benefits, our services our often cheaper than an in house counterpart. Please contact our office today for a free consultation.
We are certified members of the QuickBooks® ProAdvisor Program. To maintain this designation, we are required to recertify annually, so we are familiar with multiple years and versions of QuickBooks®
We can advise you on what version of QuickBooks® is best suited for your business. We will then customize the program to meet your specific needs. We will help you setup your chart of accounts and train you on how to most efficiently operate the software.
QuickBooks® Accountant’s Review functionality allows us to periodically analyze your financial statements while preventing you from losing productivity. It also comes with powerful data cleanup tools which can help us analyze and fix any errors in the system, and tweak settings for your optimal performance.
Individual and Business taxation is a complicated and ever evolving field. Our experienced CPAs are required to have at least 40 hours of continuing education each year. In addition to stringent education requirements mandated by the Florida Board of Accountancy, we keep abreast of information through industry journals, daily electronic tax law updates, tax research software, and a strong network of other industry professionals.
This means that you are getting the most up-to-date tax advice available. Tax Planning can save you valuable money. By scheduling an appointment before year-end, we can assist you in saving tax dollars. We can help with the planning of selling assets, making retirement contributions or distributions, planning for social security, and much more. Our planning is tailored to the individual client- we seek to understand your personal tax situation and how the laws apply specifically to you.
Let our professionals deal with the IRS for you. We can handle “Nuisance” letters, Offers in Compromise, or Audits.
We file most of our Individual returns electronically. This minimizes IRS errors, and helps you get your refund faster. We offer electronic filing at no additional charge.
Corporations, partnerships and LLCs require a complete, balanced set of books in order to have a complete and accurate tax filing. We have the experience and proficiency to prepare your business returns properly.